Our box office is run by a committed team of student volunteers who help sell tickets and refreshments to the audience. Being a DST box office volunteer means you are till and cash handling trained as well as getting to watch shows for free in The Assembly Rooms Theatre.
Our volunteers are an extremely important part of our organisation and we are committed to ensuring that volunteering at The Assembly Rooms Theatre is enjoyable and rewarding.
- Welcoming the audience
- Providing information about our shows
- Taking bookings for events using a computer based system
- Taking payments by cash for tickets, memberships, and retail
- Dealing with enquiries in person
Shifts between the hours of 6.30pm, and from 10.30pm usually Thursday to Saturday. Self-selected in advance.
- Complimentary theatre tickets for shifts covered
- Development of retail and customer service skills
- Opportunity to meet people, gain valuable work experience and develop skills with training and support from staff and fellow volunteers.