Try your hand at volunteering
Our box office is run by a committed team of volunteers who help sell tickets and refreshments to the audience. Being a box office volunteer means you are till and cash-handling trained as well as getting to watch shows for free in The Assembly Rooms Theatre. Once you’ve completed your training here you can move on to a paid supervisor role.
Our volunteers and staff are an extremely important part of our organisation and we are committed to ensuring that volunteering and working at The Assembly Rooms Theatre is enjoyable and rewarding.
You can volunteer and work for as many or as little shifts as you’d like! We want this to work for you.
If you’d like to volunteer, please contact us at [email protected]
What does volunteering entail?
- Welcoming the audience
- Providing information about our shows
- Taking bookings for events
- Taking payments by cash for tickets, memberships, and retail
- Dealing with enquiries in person
Shifts between the hours of 6.30pm, and from 11.30am usually Thursday to Saturday. Self-selected in advance.
- Complimentary theatre tickets for shifts covered
- Development of retail and customer service skills
- Opportunity to meet people, gain valuable work experience and develop skills with training and support from staff and fellow volunteers.
- Paid (only relevant for supervisor roles)